Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The cover art? Indisputably cool. The contents? Well ...


The most rational explanation for "Rodger" Baylor recently being added to the subscriber list at National Review is my renewal of The Economist. I suppose many of these print publications are linked, and complimentary (albeit brief) trial subscriptions are activated from one to the next. Every now and then, Rolling Stone starts coming again, and I've no idea why. Then it stops again.

If it's a gag, then thanks for the freebie, although it isn't the first time I've read National Review. During my Reagan-era tenure at UMI Data Courier, I often abstracted it. Today's tone seems less erudite than the Wm. F. Buckley glory years. The man was often mistaken, but he sure could write.

My only complaint: You spelled my name incorrectly. Buckley wouldn't ever have done that.

No comments: