Wednesday, April 02, 2014

I Heart Hoboken on the Ohio?


That's right: Don't be afraid.

Can someone just tell me who's responsible for the latest instance of branding downtown New Albany without asking anyone who actually does business there.


Now, to be sure: While utterly white bread, hackneyed and conventional, right down to the oft-deployed love muscle, at least "The Heart of the City" does have the supreme merit of NOT being Come to City, the legendary discarded dudgeontrocity from 2011/12. As such, I'm prepared to tolerate this one. It doesn't look bad. It looks nice enough.

I just wish that when it is decided to brand downtown, the folks being branded have some participation in the matter ... and that never seems to happen in spite of what happened the time before, and the time before that, and I just wonder why -- that's all.

No comments: