Saturday, January 05, 2013

Take It Off! Take It Off!

I write twice monthly for LouisvilleBeer.com, usually publishing on the 1st and 15th. This latest piece should arouse the linoleum lizards to further paroxysms of bile and vituperation.

Take it off!As if you hadn’t already noticed, I’m a beer-loving and occasionally wine-dabbling habituĂ© of all manner of bars, pubs, taverns and adult watering stations. They’re the only locales on Earth where I feel truly comfortable.
But there’s even more to it. Emulating other renowned Falstaffian trenchermen in fact and legend, I live to eat and not the other way around.
Given these compulsive proclivities of heightened caloric intake, potential weight gain tops the list of occupational hazards. Fortunately, my above-average height has been very useful as parlor trick, enabling me to creatively distribute many of those inconvenient excess pounds on an angular frame.
While remaining aware that inexorably advancing age brings with it varied and sundry health-related booby traps, my fitness motto has remained unchanged: If I feel good, then it’s all good.

No comments: