Saturday, March 31, 2012

An unsolicited plug for Pacers & Racers.

As so many readers know, Pacers & Racers Running - Walking Store is located just around the corner from NABC's original Plaza Drive location; they're at 3602 Northgate Court #19, off Grant Line Road.

I've shopped there on and off for some time, but the past couple of years, it's all clicked for me, and now I regret my previous absence of focus when it comes to consistent patronage, because the Pacers & Racers staff surely must be in the top one percentile locally when it comes to training and knowledge. This morning I was given the lowdown on plantar fasciitis, which I've unfortunately developed in my left foot, as well as ailment management strategies, muscle stretching tips and loads of supporting information. I also bought two pairs of shoes.

You can't compare apples and oranges, and we have a wonderful supporting cast at NABC, too, and yet I quite sincerely view the folks at Pacers & Racers as the gold standard of service. It's a consistent level of quality that all independent businesses should seek to attain.


4 comments:

antzman said...

They have been my favorite place to get my workout and running shoes since we discovered them several years ago

bayernfan said...

I always get my shoes from there. They were also one of the first businesses to sign up for New Albany First!

Jeff Gillenwater said...

Lending a fourth. Always happy with the service there.

Kate Caufield said...

Fifth. I spend my running monies there. They're top notch.