Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I get no kick from champagne ...

... but I'm always thrilled at exciting new concept launches that lead to blank web sites.

The blank page above comes to you from Think Local Southern Indiana, which is also on Facebook. Although we already know the answers, I've commenced asking the questions:


Hi. Can you tell us whether this is a grassroots movement, and if not, reveal who or what is sponsoring this organization? Thanks!
I'll take this opportunity to remind readers that to my knowledge, precisely one grassroots organization currently exists to bring together independent, small, local businesses in the city of New Albany, and unlike 1Si, New Albany First does not advocate oligarch enrichment policies (bridge tolls, exurban sprawl, et al) and pursue various other vapid appeasements that actually damage the very concept of thinking local.

New Albany First is on Facebook. I believe in it, and so should you.

5 comments:

Jeff Gillenwater said...

LOL. Within twenty minutes, you got your first non-answer answer.

The New Albanian said...

Roger: Hi. Can you tell us whether this is a grassroots movement, and if not, reveal who or what is sponsoring this organization? Thanks!

Think Local Southern Indiana: Roger, this group is made up of representatives from several networking organizations in the Southern IN area, as well as local business owners.

Roger: Thank you. Is this the same concept being discussed by One Southern Indiana a while back? Can you provide the list of participating organizations? Thank you.

Think Local Southern Indiana: Yes, I believe it is likely the concept discussed by One Southern Indiana and they do have representatives on the committee. I have been participating for a few months b/c I lead the group Connect Clarksville. Other organizations involved... are Grow Jeffersonville, Develop NA, UPS Store, NuYale Cleaners, Insight Media etc. I know I am leaving some out....we will be posting a website soon which should also have info & businesses involved. ***IF you are involved and see this post, I didn't intentionally leave you out! Please feel free to add your name!!

The New Albanian said...

I've now asked Develop New Albany to elaborate on its involvement in Think Local Southern Indiana.

w&la said...

AboutUs: THINKLOCALSOUTHERNINDIANA.COM

Registrant:
one southern indiana
4100 Charlestown
New albany, IN 47150
US

Domain Name: THINKLOCALSOUTHERNINDIANA.COM


Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
one southern indiana
dawnb@1si.org
4100 Charlestown
New albany, IN 47150
US
Phone: 812-945-0266

Record expires on 20-Apr-2013
Record created on 20-Apr-2011
Database last updated on 20-Apr-2011

Jeff Gillenwater said...

In local parlance, "Yes, I believe it is likely."