Sunday, August 22, 2010

Support your local winnery, er, winery -- unless you're a troglodyte character assassin, that is.

Enjoy the following comment exchange on another recently constituted "mad as hell citizen" blog, or in other words, a forum for disgruntled naysayers to vent toward others the bile they harbor about their own congenital irrelevance in the cosmic scheme of things.

Anonymous said...
Another one bits the dust. "The Winnery" is the next bar to close. I was told by the Humphrey's they will be closing soon. U celebrate the day Bank Street Brewhouse goes how about the rest of you?
August 21, 2010 2:24 PM

---

The New Albanian said...
Where's the Winnery? Can losers go there, or just winners? If winners, then you may be out of luck, anonymous -- again.

Happy to see you pulling for small business. Hopefully your Wal-Mart stock will see you through until you learn to spell.
August 21, 2010 6:11 PM

---

Anonymous (the Humphreys) said...
I'll assume Anonymous is talking about the "winery" as in River City Winery. As a note, RCW is not a bar. But if there is such a term "Winnery" that would describe us well. We just won 11 medals in the Indy International Wine Competition including a Double Gold for Pomegranate Blueberry. We also just won the right to include ourselves on a very short list known as "INDIANA ARTISANS" There are less than 150 in the whole state. Not sure who Anonymous is but he or she is an obvious liar. They didn't hear anything of the sort from us. Business couldn't be better. In fact, we're looking to expand.-----The Humphreys
August 21, 2010 9:24 PM

---

Anonymous (the Humphreys) said...
I've never respected nor do I take seriously others that blog anonymously. Mr. Anonymous, I offer you three tips:

1. Please educate yourself with the facts before you blog about my business downtown. If you have questions about the "WINERY" I'm there Tuesday through Sunday and would be more than happy to meet with you. I'm not sure what Humphrey you spoke to, but I assure you it wasn't the owners of River City Winery.

2. Use spell check next time you blog.

3. Take a grammar class. The plural form of Humphrey is Humphreys. Humphrey's, as you wrote, shows possession.
August 21, 2010 10:19 PM

---

Anonymous said...
I was in the bookstore the other day at 6:55 and the manager told me they were closing soon. Sure enough, at 7 o'clock they kicked me out and locked the door.
August 22, 2010 8:07 AM

---

The New Albanian said...
It's just a perpetual giggle for me when the social misfits courageously lie from behind their aliases, and then disappear back under their rocks when their bluffs are called. I'm about to close, too -- the lid on the toilet, so I can flush troglodyte lies with grace and confidence.
August 22, 2010 8:17 AM

No comments: