Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A correction.

Yesterday, I gave NA/FC Schools Superintendent Bruce Hibbard a hard time for acting like Kerry Stemler. It was a solid joke precisely because a previous time Hibbard had a big decision to make he went to 1SI for counsel while ignoring parents and apparently pretty much everyone else.

However, new reporting by Tara Hettinger of The Tribune suggests that I was hasty in buying into Becky Gardenour's account of things. I emailed Tara and she says the compact with what many consider to be offensive language came from the Indiana School Boards Association. So, for being misleading, I apologize.

See, Mike Dalby, that wasn't so hard, was it?

3 comments:

dan chandler said...

After reading the CJ article and the Tribune article, I'm confused as to what really happened.

dan chandler said...

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'd like to see this document for myself.

Also, if there is objectionable language in the document, I'm curious who first proposed its adoption.

Iamhoosier said...

Evidently, the document "said" what was reported. Notice that the board removed most of the language that she objected to. I think the majority was pissed that she went public with her objections. Maybe she went overboard. I don't know her, so I don't know her "style".