Thursday, June 24, 2010

Today's Tribune column: "Italian idyll--Pecetto to Venice."

The 25th anniversary travel series continues today in the Tribune. In unrelated news, yesterday at Potable Curmudgeon, I posted what would have been the next LEO beer column, and intend to do weekly long-form Wednesday pieces in lieu of Mug Shots. In fact, I fully intend to keep shedding responsibilities (and sanity) until I get it right. New Albany's the perfect place for that, don't you think?

BAYLOR: Italian idyll--Pecetto to Venice

It was June 1985, and I'd somehow reached the village of Pecetto in the northern Italian hills. The ensuing six-day sojourn with my cousin Don and his friend (and host) Scott provided an ideal chance to stop, relax and enjoy a slice of rural Europe in temperate summer.

No comments: