Thursday, May 06, 2010

Today's Tribune column: "Who was that masked man?"

The troglodytes wouldn't keep their traps shut. I had to come clean. Either that, or start thinking about the best place to take all those unmarked Franklins into voluntary exile.

BAYLOR: Who was that masked man?

I shrugged and handed him the bill, and he stuffed it down his shirt. Suddenly there was a loud crash, and I jumped back, expecting the worst. Looking at the pockmarked pavement, I saw that it was just another in a series of bricks falling from the rear of the furniture store. When I turned back to face my bookie, he was long gone.

4 comments:

Matt Nash said...

Even though you mentioned in your tag line that this was satire, I am sure there will be blogsters that will point to this as further proof of wrongdoing and "malfeasance"

The New Albanian said...

I am sure you are right. Writing is far more enjoyable when it can be done on more than one level, and even more so when one or more of those levels is unattainable by dullards.

Iamhoosier said...

I'm glad that you didn't mention the free sewer service that I get.

Christopher D said...

As pending on the Tribunes site for this week’s installment, would the piece be AS funny if it weren’t for the fact that there are those who see that lovely bit of humor as being nonfictive writing? But knowing the back-story to the piece makes it that much more hilarious, yet sad at the same time.