Monday, May 17, 2010

RemCha: "A time to talk about starting a Mayoral forum in New Albany."

RememberCharlemagne has come forward during comments at last Friday's NAC post ... Matt Nash is Right: "The Price is Wrong" ... to reveal solid information that otherwise might pass unnoticed. That's why I'm elevating RemCha's comment to the marquee.

If you what to make a positive difference Carl confirmed a time to talk about starting a Mayoral forum in New Albany. The meeting will be 2:00 p.m. Tuesday at the city county building. I would hope other people see the importance of such a forum and will support this issue. If you can't make it post a comment on here and I'll rely the message to the Mayor.
I assume he means tomorrow afternoon. Interested in passing your thoughts along via RemCha? Use the comments section at "The Price is Wrong," or start a new thread here.

2 comments:

RememberCharlemagne said...

Thanks Roger,

The meeting is official but it is not an official Mayoral Forum that will come later. What we will be talking about is how to make the best forum possible.

Since I haven't had much experience with Mayoral Forums any suggestions will help.

Any comment you want the Mayor to know I would be gladly to pass it along.

Some issues that people have asked me to ask:

Sidewalk repair in areas that haven't seen any.

Zoning for non conforming property in residential areas.

I will be discussing a plan focusing on what happens to property after demolition.

RememberCharlemagne said...

The Mayoral Forum will be June 16 at 6:30-8:00 in the Library. It is the Wednesday before the council meeting.

I think this is a great opportunity for citizens of New Albany to better understand what the Mayor's plans are outside of the city council's cambers.

When I have time I will write more details of what was said at the meeting.

I will quickly add one point and that was a comment about citizen participation. For the forums to continue people need to show up.
I don't think this will be a problem because when Mr. Coffey held his town hall meeting there was a good turnout I hope even more people will come to the Mayoral Forum.