Sunday, May 23, 2010

Just the same way I'm impartial when it comes to light beer.

I haven't laughed so hard since King Larry voted yes, and then no, and then abstained ... on three readings of precisely the same ordinance.

In LET'S STILL DEBATE OR AT LEAST HAVE A DISCUSSION, by Shirley Baird, in her Voice of the People blog, she inadvertently achieves a stunning paradigm shift -- from farce to contempt -- with a single, ill-considered word.

If any of you thinks that Jeff "What Constitutional principle was that? I'd tell you, but I'm too busy battling progress" Gahan is impartial, I have a completed downtown bridge to sell you. Easy terms; pay in Euros, but only if they're stuffed into granmaw's cookie jar.

Speaking personally, a discussion/debate sounds fine with me. It isn't worth doing unless it's done tight, and since Steve Price possesses neither the knowledge nor the willingness to do it right, here's my counter-proposal for a truly impartial moderator: Dan Coffey.

Take it away, John Lee Hooker:

Well, I'm the Crawlin' King Snake
And I rule my den
I'm the Crawlin' King Snake
And I rule my den
Yeah, don't mess 'round with my mate
Gonna use her for myself

Is it time for a beer, yet?

No comments: