Thursday, May 06, 2010

Dispense with superstition, and hoist a stein to National Day of Reason.

Thanks to AT for reminding me that today's a big day. In fact, it occurred to me earlier that of all the -isms in the world, the only one I really can embrace is humanism. After all, we're all human, aren't we? In celebration of National Day of Reason, I'm going to finish my work, go for a bicycle ride, and attend a Louisville Bats game.

Humanists Invite President Obama to Celebrate the National Day of Reason

In advance of the National Day of Prayer--an annual event in which the president urges citizens to pray--the American Humanist Association today encouraged people to instead celebrate an event that is inclusive and recognizes a universal American value: the National Day of Reason. The National Day of Reason, which is held to coincide with and as a counter to the National Day of Prayer, will be held on May 6 this year.

No comments: