Thursday, August 20, 2009

Today's Tribune column: "Doing without ‘them’ people."

If you have a bicycle and would like to ride with the senior editor and Matt Nash from Bank Street Brewhouse to the City-County Building for tonight's council conclave, be at BSB circa 6:30 p.m. Given the strong possibility that flooding and drainage complaints will be in abundance tonight, it would be a good idea to find seats early.

I might be a few minutes late owing to a commitment in Louisville. If Matt has anything to add, I'm sure he'll do so in the comments section.

Meanwhile, in today's column I'm introducing a character from my parallel universe of purely fictional blog fare. You may be familiar with him.
BAYLOR: Doing without ‘them’ people

Soon the mayor’s chair would soon be up for grabs, and if Cappuccino could land it, they’d never dare make fun of him again. Until that golden moment, when he’d finally earn a living wage as chieftain of the city, there were self-aggrandizing, politically motivated council games to play, and the current occupant of city hall to blame.

3 comments:

Christopher D said...

ok, so I am going to ask. When is the book coming out?
These are so entertaining I would buy it, the sad part is, other than names, I would have a hard time deciding if it was fiction or non-fiction!

Randy said...

Masterful. I knew there was a good reason to wash my hat last night.

BeckyBee said...

LOVED IT!!! Just moved to NA last summer and I am definitely one of "them" and proud of it!! We moved from Louisville for the small town ambiance and boy howdy, there are more small town politics than I thought and I can't find Andy and Barny and it's not Mayberry. There is such potential here for really good things to happen. I remain a Polly-frickin'-Anna optimist though.
Your writings are not fiction, rather slightly disguised satiric truth as I am sadly coming to discover. And they are brilliant!! I am thrilled the Tribune had the courage to print it and happy that nobody has taken you out behind the woodshed.