Saturday, August 15, 2009

German History Buzz in the aftermath of my last newspaper column.

Since the Tribune took down its on-line forums, I've been slow to adapt to the new feature that permits comments at the conclusion of articles. Consequently, thanks to the newspaper's publisher (my boss) for e-mailing me to note this pleasant comment after my column, "Working for Herr Honecker." I've visited Mr. Dawson's web site, and if you have any interest in that area of Europe, you should consider checking, too (Andy, I'm thinking of you in particular).

Bill Dawson wrote:

Thank you for a great story! I stumbled across it via Google News search results re: Berlin Wall. This is truly the power of the internet come alive: 20, nay 10, years ago I'd never have known that a local columnist in Jeffersonville, Indiana wrote an interesting column about his summer in East Germany!

I 'tweeted' your article (GermanHistory is my Twitter account.) I run a site www.germanhistorybuzz.com in case you are interested.

Thanks again,

Bill

3 comments:

edward parish said...

great site, thanks!

Bayernfan said...

Yes, that is a great site. Sandra plans on using it for her German classes from here on out! Thanks for the link!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for mentioning my comment on the "Working for Herr Honecker column." I see now that I probably made a mistake by referring to you as a columnist from Jeffersonville -- looks like New Albany would have been more correct!

Thanks for the note and the link.

Regards,
Bill