Thursday, July 09, 2009

Today's Tribune column: "Red scarf, white shirt and San Miguel beer."

BAYLOR: Red scarf, white shirt and San Miguel beer

I’ve been lucky to witness a May Day parade in Vienna, frenetic all-night Greek political rallies, Munich’s fabled Oktoberfest, U2 live in Ireland, selected soccer matches and small bits of the Tour de France. The fall of the Berlin Wall in ’89 was a one-time celebration, requiring three decades of preparation and packing a visceral punch, but I missed that one.

3 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

Do I file that under "opinion" or "reporting"?

The New Albanian said...

File under "genuinely shocked I could remember any of it."

I suppose now the Daughters of the Pamplona Festival (DAPF?) will be correcting me. They're probably right. Like Hemingway, I never met a Pamplona alcoholic beverage I didn't like.

Iamhoosier said...

Seriously, nice article. I just hate that I have to "live" a life through your travel writings.