Sunday, April 12, 2009

Chocolate and beer atop the concrete bar.

No, we're not this crowded. It was the scene at Schimpff's yesterday afternoon, roughly 15 minutes before closing at 5:00 p.m.


Just before five, the owner locked the doors and announced through her bullhorn that they'd be reopening a few minutes later for candy sales without ice cream.

I bought four pounds of assorted morsels, which currently are atop the concrete bar at the Bank Street Brewhouse. We'll be here until 8:00 p.m. today for beer and chocolate. If you come down, bring a few servings of fried chicken, will ya?

1 comment:

G Coyle said...

I was in Boston couple weeks ago for the frequent micro-analysis of my blood and was flagged for my lipid count rising somewhat. When questioned by the tech's who calibrate my flesh-machine, I explained I'd been on a German diet since Christmas, as was customary amongst my ethnic tribe. One doctor, who is from Iran, perked up and said - "Oh - was is your traditional ethnic diet?" I replied - Beer and sugar. Many inscrutable or dismayed faces... i promised to return to my "native American diet" before the next tests. Sorry I missed the party today, sure would have appreciated it!