Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Upon closer examination, it's business as usual.

Let me tell all of you something that's important to me.

When I post a blog that is available for viewing by anyone on Planet Earth with access to an Internet connection, I've done so for a reason. Actually, for two reasons.

First, I hope someone reads it. Moreover, I hope many people read it. I don't publish for any other reason, and I can't fathom why anyone would.

Second, my name's right there. It's my writing, and no one else's. You may agree or disagree, and that's fine. But they're my words, and I intend to take ownership of them, thank you.

Until today, I never thought that what I do in terms of writing is particularly noteworthy, precisely because it seemed to me the very nature of minimum default. Today, for reasons that I'm asked not to reveal, suddenly it looks like my minimum default constitutes incredible courage and genuine principle.

And that's a sad, sad thing, for all the wrong reasons. I'd love to tell you why, but I can't. So be it.

There for a fleeting moment I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel.

Instead ... well, just take it from Kurt Cobain: "Whatever, never mind."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you hate when someone says something like, "I have something awesome to tell you - oh wait - I am not supposed to talk about it - never mind."?
I do! Why tease us like that?

All4Word said...

Understood, noted, and appreciated. Hoist a pint, think of the greater good, and remember there is always tomorrow. And the day after...

The New Albanian said...

Richard

There are times when you send coded messages. This is one.

R

Daniel Short said...

I don't get it. Is this like "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" type of code?