Thursday, January 17, 2008

This one could be a real barnburner.

With only one preparatory meeting under its belt, our newly minted city council bolts spring training BP for the joys of genuine major league heat.

New Albany to consider salaries; Council meeting tonight is deemed crucial by the city's new leadership, by Dick Kaukas (Courier-Journal).

The New Albany City Council will meet tonight to discuss salaries for key positions in the administration of Mayor Doug England, and whether his appointments are funded could have a long-lasting impact on the future of the city …

… Besides the pay for England's key staff, council members will be asked to resolve a long-debated issue of how to select sewer board members. Also on the agenda are proposals to withdraw a lawsuit challenging no-bid contracts awarded last year by the sewer and stormwater boards and to take another look at redrawing the boundaries of the city's six voting districts.

Seats will be going quickly for this one, so get there early. Opportunities for grandstanding on the part of conjoined councilmen Coffey and Price will be numerous, so don’t forget copious quantities of sunscreen.

Anyone know where we can find a weenie wagon?

Oh, yeah - the agenda is here.

6 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

Also, don't forget to bring your lyrics for Kumbaya. Giant sing along after the meeting.

The New Albanian said...

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya
O Lord, kumbaya

Someone’s laughing, Lord, kumbaya
Someone’s laughing, Lord, kumbaya
Someone’s laughing, Lord, kumbaya
O Lord, kumbaya

Someone’s crying, Lord, kumbaya
Someone’s crying, Lord, kumbaya
Someone’s crying, Lord, kumbaya
O Lord, kumbaya

Someone’s praying, Lord, kumbaya
Someone’s praying, Lord, kumbaya
Someone’s praying, Lord, kumbaya
O Lord, kumbaya

Someone’s singing, Lord, kumbaya
Someone’s singing, Lord, kumbaya
Someone’s singing, Lord, kumbaya
O Lord, kumbaya

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya
O Lord, kumbaya

Iamhoosier said...

I knew that I could count you.

Ann said...

I don't have any problem with the requested salary appropriations--you've got to pay reasonably if you wanted skilled employees. But in exchange, I expect to see major positive changes in New Albany quickly.

That's all I ask.

All4Word said...

Ditto, annie.

As for the other posts, I'll bring my lute for accompaniment.

John Manzo said...

I'm always occupied on Thursday nights. I'm always missing the fun.