Friday, October 19, 2007

City Council rained/stormed out.

According to NAC's good friend Lloyd, last evening's council meeting was adjourned owing to inclement weather, with all council members and unfortunate citizens present being taken into the City-County Building's basement for an impromptu lecture by the Wizard of Westside: "Bazooka Joe academic degrees I have conjured -- and why you must listen to me describe them."

Prior to Dan Coffey's recitation of "Gitmo on the Ohio," an actual work session was held so that the Gang of Four could say all the same discredited things as last time, to no apparent effect, and with little hope that a redistricting trial can be avoided.

As W. C. Fields once observed, "I'd rather be in Philadelphia."

2 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

The work session was more interesting than most Council meetings. Couple times, thought that I might have to sit on Lloyd.(grin)

Highwayman said...

What's that old saw...'any port in a storm"?

Personally, I'll take my chances with the storm.