Wednesday, December 06, 2006

On prohibitionist genes and local beer writing.

My "other" blogging endeavor is The Potable Curmudgeon, which is devoted primarily to news and views about my chosen profession, beer.

Today's essay is of slightly more general interest.

ICRUD, re-crud and the prohibitionist gene in America.

It would be foolish to suggest that society’s struggle against underage alcohol consumption has been “won,” primarily because it cannot be “won” in the manner preferred by those gazing upon it as a problem to be solved according to prohibitionist methodology.

Beginning next Wednesday, December 13, I'm slated to begin "From Beer to Eternity," which I believe is the name chosen for a bi-weekly beer column in the Louisville Eccentric Observer (LEO). At a brief 300 words, it will be good practice for someone who usually writes topic sentences of that length.

Thanks to all of you who continue to read my various contributions.

I believe in teaching, advocating, persuading and making a good case -- not idle threats, anonymous boasts and fireworks for the sake of eye candy alone. You don't have to agree with me for my efforts to be successful.

3 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

Let's add another challenge to the 300 words. No words, other than names, longer than 8 letters. You know, so the average reader can comprehend it. At least for one column.

Been away for over a week but I'M BACK!

All4Word said...

c-h-a-l-l-e-n-g-e?

c-o-m-p-r-e-h-e-n-d?

Iamhoosier said...

It is for Roger to do, not me. It would be hard to do, as you have pointed out. I am not as intel..,oops, smart as you guys.