Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I(We)'ll Take That Bet

The drama queens behind Monday night's kabuki theater exhibition, in which gaudily painted Gang-bangers proposed to flout the moral obligations they swore to uphold, are placing a big wager.

It is their contention that the people of New Albany are fools. They are counting on the people to ignore the reality that the municipal sewer enterprise is - like most city services - and has been starved to a point where its mere survival is at risk.

They apparently believe that New Albanians (or at least those who vote) will fall for every lie they trot out.

Tell you what, Gang. This writer and this publication will take that bet. You go ahead with your little game and we'll see you at the ballot box in May.

And if you stick your heads out of your holes long enough, don't be surprised to see the thinking people knocking on doors, manning the phones, and stuffing envelopes in your neighborhood much sooner than that.

5 comments:

Highwayman said...

Let's see, where's my phone book? OH, here it is!

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

Sorry New Albanian, as they say in the song "I'll take that bet, and you are going to regret, because I'm the best they've ever seen".

In other words, there seems to be a lot of information being withheld from you. Please be cautious with "your bet". BTW, what do I, I, I, get if WE are correct?

A shiny fiddle made of gold? :)

Games on. Let's have fun with it.

The New Albanian said...

Although I'm in complete agreement with the sentiments noted above, these were composed and posted by All4Word.

Yvonne, tell us more about dynamic leadership according to your "conservative" Democratic (???) model.

Rick Carmickle said...

the Tribune must be doing a poll on Scribner Place. Got an automated phone call at the business last evening, push 4 if you support, push 5 if you do not support, and push 6 if you have never heard of the Tribune!

Rick Carmickle said...

Mr. Tucker, no disrespect intended towards the Tribune. I was just surprised, never had a call like that before.

While I have not had a lot of success from newspaper advertising, I do think the quality of the paper has improved over the past few years.

Sometime in the future I hope we meet and I can share a story with you about Tribune and my self. Not a bad story, just a strange one.