Friday, February 17, 2006

"With sorrow," we note a friend's passing.

Thanks to Ann Streckfus, creator of the Diggin' in the Dirt blog, for putting into appropriate words the sentiments being felt today by many at the Public House, where Sara was known and liked by all.

----

With Sorrow, by Ann Streckfus.

I read in today's paper that a former tenant in our carriage house died yesterday in a single car accident on Highway 62 near Madison.

Sara Zozula, a beautiful and vibrant young woman, lived here on Mansion Row in our carriage house during the summer and fall of 2003. Sara was one of those people that you like right off the bat, and she had scads of friends to prove it.

We hit it off because she'd been homeschooled as a youngster, and we talked a lot about my decision to homeschool my daughter. Sara reaffirmed my decision, not only by telling me how much she'd enjoyed her homeschool years, but by displaying the good qualities parents hope their children will grow up to possess.

She brought her mom by to meet me, since we were both gardeners and she wanted to introduce us. I could sense the bond and love between Sara and her mom, and I grieve for her mother now.

In my mind's eye, I can still see Sara biking up our driveway after she got home from work, and that beautiful head of hair of hers, as she flashed past the window on her way up Main Street.

Rest in peace, Sara.

1 comment:

maury k goldberg said...

I am sorry for the lost of your friend,Ann. The post you wrote is very touching and a nice rememberance of her.

Maury