Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The former Tribune editor who blackballed me was ...

Curt Vincent.

I'd written a letter commending the momentous decision by a court to award ousted Tribune editor Eddie LaDuke a huge monetary settlement on the basis of age discrimination, noting that it was the best of all worlds for the citizens of New Albany because a newspaper chain based far away paid someone else's money to remove LaDuke from a position of authority, sparing long-suffering New Albanians from LaDuke's long-running jihad against human rationality.

Not only did Vincent refuse to print it, but he unleashed a string of epithets, taunts and confrontational statements in e-mails to me, thus revealing himself to be a fairly disagreeable human being. Considering the source, and having many other business-related tasks to keep me occupied, I shrugged and wrote Vincent off as a piece of ... work.

I imagine he still is.

If you're wondering what all this is about, I have written a letter to the Tribune in which I introduce the newspaper's readers to NA Confidential. Here's the relevant excerpt:

"The problem with writing letters to the editor is that most newspapers rightly limit the frequency and length of submissions. Occasionally, as in the case of the former Tribune editor, personal matters improperly come into play and one is unfairly excluded from the forum.

" (Please understand that since the editor in question blackballed me for celebrating the ouster of a previous editor, I can’t risk repeating the process by divulging the name. You'll have to read my Blog to learn his identity)."

No comments: